What TO keep on DOing
What NOT TO DO
Following priorities are so natural and yet very hard to follow exactly and in order.
- Take Proper Sleep; Eat Healthy; Don't Use Narcotics, Don't Smoke, Avoid Consuming Alcohol, etc.*
(as a Creature)
- Maintain Mental Balance.** Communicate with near and dear ones. Beware of Jealousy and Ego.
(as a Conscious Being)
- Try to be Happy; Keep Hygiene; Bathe to Keep Body Odor at bay.
(as a Social Animal)
- Do Not Offend Others by being self-centered or acting smart.
(as a Good Human)
- Help Family members, Others. Try to make people around Happy.
(as a Good Home Maker)
- Study -or- Do Work to Earn Bread.
(as a Professional)
A lot of us prioritize exactly opposite like working very hard and not getting proper sleep. It may be like horses pushing the cart instead of pulling it!
* It's not difficult to give up your self-harming habits. Believe me, I dumped smoking after 3 decades. Look forward to a better life without your bad habits. Resolve right now to fight with these habits with a strong will. You don't have to start swearing with - 'I will never do this or that'. Instead, say this habit is not what define my life. I will avoid it as much as possible. I told myself, smoking is taking away my health so I will limit it to the extent that I will not be a slave to it. Now I hardly smoke. I am not afraid that it will again clutch me. In the past 12 months I might have lit 3 or 4 cigarettes. In past three years I can't even recall whether this figure is 10 or 15. Don't you laugh at me saying I might have smoked 2 or 3 packets! The packet of cigarettes in my drawer is more than 2 years old. I am throwing it in the dustbin right now, there are yellow stains on most cigarettes. Oh, why should I dump year old bottle of foreign whiskey? Some people who know me say why not to resolve - 'I will never smoke'. Some say you don't know when you will start smoking again, even if you will smoke once. I tell them I am not afraid of smoking or drinking, these cannot define my destiny. Remember if you are drinking, smoking, etc. at a regular interval even on (say) Saturdays, you are somewhat dictated by it. You will probably crave for it the whole week! Do not start smoking or drinking in-order to show to your self that you will be able to control these bad habits. Why to hurt yourself and destroy happiness of your loved ones. Do you know these habits can cause impotence?
You may like to save this page in your favorite location with the title that will help you in remembering this moment. Your resolve and action plan that you write below will probably be saved with this page.
** Take professional help from more than one psychiatrist if required.